Privacy Notice of Sonoran Electronics by Sonoran Unlimited, LLC
Last updated: July 15, 2007 (initial version)
What personal information about customers does Sonoran Electronics gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Sonoran Electronics. Here are the types of information we gather:
What about cookies?
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Sonoran Electronics. Click here to see examples of the information we receive. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Sonoran Electronics if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Sonoran Electronics's greatest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Sonoran Electronics share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries that Sonoran Unlimited, LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
How secure is information about me?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Sonoran Electronics customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please go to your account and adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Sonoran Unlimited, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Sonoran Electronics and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sonoran Electronics, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. Click here for some examples as well as information on how to contact these companies to learn more or opt-out of their information collection practices.
Sonoran Electronics may also display targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although Sonoran Electronics does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in the southwestern United States who own video game consoles).
Which information can I access?
Sonoran Electronics gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Sonoran Electronics for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
What choices do I have?
Are children allowed to use Sonoran Electronics?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain Sonoran Electronics features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which information can I access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please go to your account and adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Sonoran Electronics, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Sonoran Electronics's greatest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Sonoran Electronics does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Sonoran Electronics only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Sonoran Electronics, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Arizona. If you have any concern about privacy at Sonoran Electronics, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
Examples of information collected
- Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Sonoran Electronics; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one user name when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and fill out any form on our website. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and content of reviews and e-mails to us.
- Automatic Information
- Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information; and search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Examples of third-party advertisers and advertising companies that you can link to from the Sonoran Electronics website or that serve advertising content directly to your browser on certain Sonoran Electronics pages include Doubleclick. You can find out more about its information collection and use practices, including how to opt out of cookies and other collection techniques that it uses, by clicking on the above link to its website.
- Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Sonoran Electronics include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, and order recipient addresses); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings; and your account information.